Sunday 1 January 2012

Hello January

Welcome 2012. In the end, 2011 was a mixed year for me. The highs were moving into a wonderful new house, some great learning experiences at work, and some great times with friends. The lows were spending three months at the end of the year with a neurological condition that was unpleasant and is still not fully gone, but thankfully was not life threatening.

I have two goals for 2012: to be well, and to be happy. Broad brush, but I intend to do a lot within those two chief statements.

Firstly, that means learning and maintaining a healthy work life balance. On the whole I push myself hard which I know I can no longer do without it affecting my health. Learning my limits and making time to rest is going to be a tough one for me!

Secondly, on the happy front, I'm going to be looking out for some great new books to read: it's been a while since I last devoured a great story. Recommendations are welcome.

More monthly goals and missions will be set. A happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, sorry to hear about the low end to the year. What a frightening time you must have had. Really pleased it's not life-threatening and hope you are continuing to recover. Good luck with maintaining the balancing act in 2012. Some of my favourite stories, though you will probably have read them: The Cider House Rules and / or A Prayer for Owen Meanie (John Irving), Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow (Peter Hoeg), The Godfather (Mario Puzo). I make no claim to highbrow literary tastes but I do know a (g)ripping yarn when I see one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! Actually have never got around to any on that list, so will make sure they are on there for this year!

    ReplyDelete